1. Not only is Dana Perino hot, she might be smarter than we thought
She says that Palin’s message is mixed.
3. Musicians that died this year
4. DADT repealed, if you live under a rock
The NYT reports: “In the years since President Bill Clinton first enacted “don’t ask, don’t tell” in 1993, some 17,000 service members have been discharged under the policy.”
5. Beautiful cover of Joni Mitchell’s “River” by Fran Healy of Travis
Fran Healy covers Joni Mitchell
Remember this song? So good.
6. Larry David lets us know what tax cuts really mean
I may not be able to stomach Curb Your Enthusiasm, but this is a gem: “Life was good, and now it’s even better. Thank you, Republicans. And a special thank you to President Obama and the Democrats. I didn’t know you cared.”
7. Ricky Gervais explains why being an atheist is the best
I won’t even excerpt this, just read the whole thing. But don’t watch his movie The Invention of Lying. Also about God, it’s a little upsetting.
8. Another young person sails very far
Stop making me look bad, it’s embarrassing.
Teenage sailor on solo voyage reaches St. Maarten [SI]
9. The Original You’ve Got Mail
Both are amazing in that they are the definition of feel-good. Except The Shop Around the Corner doesn’t have Parker Posey or Dave Chappelle in some of the best roles of their lives.